Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm a junkie



A product junkie that is :)

Some women have closets full of purses, others have racks overfilled with shoes and some women even have their fair share of jewelry. My serious problem is beauty products.

In my room I have dozens of hair, body and makeup products. I have three shampoo bottles that still have ¼ of shampoo left, yet I only have one bottle of conditioner. I have at least six bottles of lotion that promises me a tan in a day’s time. Three bottles of lotion that claim to erase cellulite.

Lotions that promise this and hair products that promise that.

Not to mention my collection of product tools like a vacuum for my face that promises to remove blackheads an egg shaped foot scrapper that promises me soft feet.

If there is a new product with a promise out there, I will most likely buy it.

The problem is now I have a huge bag and a box filled with all these products. I barely use half of the stuff!

I decided to make a list of what products I really use daily:

- Aveeno body lotion for my face and body
- Shampoo
- Condition
- Body wash
- Curling gel
- Straightening iron
- Hair dryer
- perfume
- face wash

After seeing this list, I could easily get rid of 80% of my stuff and never miss it. Pretty sad how much money I have spent in products not to mention the time I spent browsing the product aisles at Walgreens or CVS.

My goal for one whole month (May 13-June 13) is to say no to the products. If I need to go to Walgreens/CVS I will walk away from that entire section. Too risky. I am to use whatever I have in my bag of products. I am sweating just thinking about not buying the latest product.

My ultimate goal is to reduce what I would normally buy. The sad truth is that I go to Walgreens to pick up my prescription which is just $10, but leave the store spending $40 or $50 dollars. At least once a month I do that which fills up my room with useless junk. When I lived in my apartment I could hide all the products in the closet. But now my living area is much smaller and I can’t hide my habit anymore.

Here’s to being more frugal : /

No comments:

Post a Comment