Thursday, May 19, 2011

Read those bills!!



I will admit that I don’t always read the mail that comes for me. In fact the only thing I do read on my credit card, phone or cable bill is the amount that’s due and when it needs to be in there hands. I never sit down and read the charges that are due. I just pay the company what they want, when they want it.

This is how I have lived for the past two years on my own. I found that the system has been working and have not found any flaws. This was until I got a bill from Comcast.

When I canceled my cable with Comcast they told me I would still owe a balance. I was okay with this because I knew that I was slightly behind in my bills. When I signed on to Comcast.com to see what I owed, I was crushed to see my bill at $212.00 outstanding. I guess I would needed another month just to pay off my cable bill L

When I got home last night I saw that Comcast had sent me my paper statement (thought I really signed up for paperless!!) and told David that I needed to pay that this Friday and that I still needed to return the cable box still sitting in my car. With this David looked at my bill and said I shouldn’t be paying anything. He then pointed out that this bill was for cable from May 15-June 16!! I canceled my cable for April 29!!

So now I find that I was going to be paying for cable that I wasn’t even using! I called Comcast today to find out what exactly I owed. The customer service rep looked up my account at found that I only owe $10.84!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to pay $140.00 of my hard earned money to Comcast on Friday!! I asked why my balance showed $212 due and it was because I still had the cable box. Guess where I went during my lunch break? Right down to Comcast to return the cable box!!

Returning everything closed my account for good and I paid the $10.84 outstanding balance. I am officially done paying Comcast!

So where is the extra going?

Budget for Cable: $140.00
Actual Cable bill: -$ 10.84

_______________________________________
Total $129.16

20% into House fund: $ 25.84
Pay Credit Card #1: $103.00
Extra to House Fund: $ .32

No comments:

Post a Comment